Manufacturing Quality Control
Quality Control in Manufacturing – ‘A robust Process will Delivery Good Results’
In manufacturing, quality control is a process that ensures customers receive products free from defects and meet their needs. When done the wrong way, it can put consumers and whole companies at risk.
Effective quality control in manufacturing starts right at the engineering stage of the products and should follow a comprehensive through to the manufacturing processes. RiverRouge provides the following support:
- Project Management: Quality Gate Process, Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Product Development and Testing: Design for Manufacturing, Poka Yoke, FMEA, Maturity Level Assessments
- Manufacturing Process: Control Plans, KPI Introduction, Shop Floor Management, Systematic Problem Solving, Standardisation, Definition of Inspection/Audit Equipment, Total Preventive Maintenance, Statistical Process Control, 5 S, SixSigma
Customers expect and demand high-quality products. Benefits of good quality are difficult to measure but are the basics of long lasting success:
- Increase customer loyalty
- Gain repeat business
- Gain new customers from referrals
- Maintain or improve your position in the market
- Improve safety
- Reduce liability risks
- Reduce Scrap and Rework Cost
- Contribute to overall positive branding of your product
Manufacturers with quality control procedures in place are far less likely to face product recalls or place customers at risk from poorly made products.
Discover with us how you can improve your quality control system. Improve quality, eliminate defects, and increase your profits.